Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:07:19 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        <jschoch@siscom.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD v3.5!!!!!!!!!

I like 4.0 just fine for my home network....but if I am going to get a call
at 2am because some mission critical piece of hardware is down, I'll use 3.4
everytime.  3.x has years of in the field testing under its belt.  4.0
doesn't.  And no matter how wonderful the coders are, and they are
wonderful, don't get me wrong, there are fun treats (read that as bugs)
waiting to be discovered in 4.0.  Personally, I'd just as soon let someone
else find them.

There's nothing wrong with a philosophy of, "Out with the old, in with the
new."  I like that philosophy for my home computer.  I don't when we start
to talk business.  When my name is on the line I like to use things that are
tried and tested.  (Sir, for your purposes, this PDP-11 will be a fine
addition to your office.  ;)

Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

Josh