Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:05:42 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        Ozcar Cortez <ozz@vt.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW firewalls

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Ozcar Cortez wrote:

> I am currently configuring a firewall and trying to set the rules...
> If I add an "allow all from any to any" I can log onto the system but I
> can't find any other help on how to add more rules... Can anyone help? Does
> anyone have a sample ipfw rules file?

You can look at rc.firewall for examples. However, configuring a firewall
is not just knowing how to write the rules, but also deciding on a
security policy you want to implement. No one can help you if you don't
know what you want the firewall to do. The best would be to get yourself
a good book on Internet security. I have: "Firewalls and Internel
Security - Repelling the Wily Hacker" by Cheswick & Bellovin,
Addison-Wesley, ISBN: 0-201-63357-4. There are many others as well.

> Thanks
>
> Ozcar Cortez

Nadav