Date:      Mon, 04 Jan 2016 11:43:56 -0600
From:      Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, PeerCorps Trust Fund <ipc@peercorpstrust.org>
Subject:   Re: Porting Catfish and Autokey to FreeBSD

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015, at 13:28, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> PeerCorps Trust Fund <ipc@peercorpstrust.org> writes:
>
> > We are a group of educators currently looking for someone capable of porting the open source applications Catfish and Autokey to FreeBSD.
> >
> > Catfish - http://www.twotoasts.de/index.php/catfish/
> >
> > Autokey - https://github.com/guoci/autokey-py3
>
> Those look like straightforward ports, at least for anyone who has dealt
> with python3 and gtk3.

I whipped up a port for autokey which was easy because it's hosted on
pypi and then I started filling out the proper dependencies and ran into
python-pyinotify. I have a feeling this will cause the program to break
in some situations because we don't have inotify on FreeBSD.

--
  Mark Felder
  ports-secteam member