Date:      Thu, 07 Aug 1997 00:13:44 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [3dgraphics] Mesa3dfx/glide works on FreeBSD 8)

http://www.3dfx.com

3dfx is the name of a company which makes a line of 3d hardware
accelerators chipsets. Voodoo Rush refers to one of their
chipset models found in the Diamond Monster 3D card which is what
I have over here. The rumor is that many game companies
are rushing to support this particular chipset because
according to many gamers is one of the best 3d hardware chipsets
for games.

Mesa3dfx/glide is 3d hardware support for the Voodoo Rush chipset.
So in a nutshell, we will soon (I hope) enjoy  accelerated GL support
for Voodoo Rush based boards.

	Cheers,
	Amancio