Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:33:19 +0530
From:      ashish@FreeBSD.org (Ashish SHUKLA)
To:        VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IPsec support in FreeBSD

--=-=-=

VANHULLEBUS Yvan writes:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 02:37:16AM +0530, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:
>> Hi,

> Hi.

Hi

>> I'm running 8.1-RELEASE on amd64.
>>=20
>> I'm connecting to an IPsec VPN (IPv4, dynamic keying using racoon) from =
behind
>> a NAT and I'm having strange issues working with it. IPsec negotiation
>> succeeds but there are problems with sending traffic over the tunnel.

> In fact, you're trying to set up an IPsec tunnel through a NAT, with
> an userland probably compiled by default with NAT-T support, but a
> kernel without NAT-T support according to your kernel configuration
> file.

Okay, right I'll do it. But any ideas why doing a `tcpdump` causes it to st=
art
sending packets ? I can ssh into the boxen in tunnel network from my local =
PC
just fine.

> To have it work, first add "options IPSEC_NAT_T" to your kernel conf
> file, compile / install it again. Then install -HEAD version of
> ipsec-tools, as it is actually the only one to be able to send
> correctly NAT-T PFkey extensions to FreeBSD kernel.

Okay, I'll install with IPSEC_NAT_T and install HEAD of ipsec-tools (from t=
he
ipsec-tools SF project).

Thanks for the reply
=2D-=20
Ashish SHUKLA      | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116  20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0
freebsd.org!ashish | http://people.freebsd.org/~ashish/

=E2=80=9CWe are not an endangered species ourselves yet, but this is not for
lack of trying.=E2=80=9D (Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See", 1991)

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--