Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 1999 10:56:51 -0600
From:      Bill Hamilton <billh@finsco.com>
To:        "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ISDN TA Recommendations?

I have a Courier I-Modem (V-everything) that I got last May when I got
my ISDN
connection. It was easy to install and worked from day 1. That was on
Window 95.
When I installed FreeBSD, it just worked like a charm. Did not have to
touch it.
The setup was all done with a Win95 gui interface when I first bought
it.
I think you could do it manually by talking directly to it via PPP or
whatever.
The modem has been on constantly since installed, because I was going to
backfeed
my whole house with it and drop the pots line. I never did. But if the
family had
to remember to turn the modem on before booting the machine, they would
not, and
Winblows would not recognize without a reboot. So it stays on. It has a
5yr warranty.
This modem will also do V90. It connected that way automatically twice
when my
provider was full-up on isdn connections.
I'm trying to get ADSL now, but, sadly, GTE doesn't yet serve my area.