Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 97 01:17:29 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Subject:   Re: Final notice:  2.2 branch code freeze is coming up.

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:05:12 -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

>If people have connectivity
>problems to releng22.freebsd.org up there in Canada, I could even
>buffer up the last few day's worth of 2.2 SNAPs on ftp.freebsd.org.

	I like this idea, with the caveat that perhaps the one on
ftp.freebsd.org would be one or two days old so that people d/l'ing
them have a reasonable chance of avoiding *new* bugs as opposed to the
very valid situation that Jordan mentioned of not stumbling over old
ones that are already fixed.  You should probably also have a pointer
in a text file telling people how to get the very latest from the
22releng machine.  And the 2.2.5-date-BETA idea that Joseph came up
with is a very good one as well. :)

	And speaking of bugs.... I get the impression that the (now)
2.2.5-beta code is pretty stable at this point?  I ask beause I've got
a production machine (dedicated for ircd) coming back on line wednesday
or thursday that I could put the beta code on as long as there aren't
any last-minute oddities that have snuck in there. :)

regards,

Doug

Do thou amend thy face,
	and I'll amend my life.