Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 20:59:20 -0600
From:      joed@ksu.edu (Joe Diehl)
To:        thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de (Thomas Gellekum)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-BETA Questions

Thomas Gellekum writes:
> Simon Shapiro wrote:
> [Charset iso-8859-8 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> > What is the kernel config option for CD audio support?
>
> There's nothing special. Could you post the lines from the probe
> messages (see dmesg(8))? xmcd works fine with a Hitachi drive I have
> here (CDR-7930, ATAPI, in case someone's interested; xmcd linked with
> lesstif-0.75a).

As a note, not all ATAPI drives have functioning audio.  The NEC CDR260
(2x ide toy that gateway was shipping with their p5-60s) works most of the
time in data (locks the machine on occasion) but audio flat out fails.

   joed@marvin:~% cdcontrol -f /dev/wcd0c
   Compact Disc Control utility, version 2.0
   Type `?' for command list

   cdcontrol> play
   cdcontrol: Input/output error
   cdcontrol> info
   Starting track = 1, ending track = 14, TOC size = 122 bytes
   track     start  duration   block  length   type
       1   0:02.00   4:13.25       0   18850  audio
   <cut the next 13 tracks of information>
     170  72:12.74         -  324824       -      -

I can eject and the whole bit.. just can't play.. *shrug*

---
Joe Diehl <joed@ksu.edu>
PGP Key: finger joed@unix.ksu.edu