Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 07:25:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@megaweapon.zigg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Determining terminal in login script

Here's some silly questions for you all.

I want to determine what the terminal is on login to set up a few things,
and if possible on a telnet connection, which host the connection is
coming from.  Basically:

1. If the connection is a hardwired terminal, I want to invoke screen
  (just can't get along without it) :) ;

2. If the connection is a network connection, set the DISPLAY variable to
   point to X display 0 on the originating host;

3. If the connection is a regular pty (usually created by screen), do
   nothing.

TIA!

Matt Behrens | matt@zigg.com
MST3K #85995 | http://www.zigg.com/