Date:      Sat, 3 May 2008 15:25:02 +0200
From:      David Naylor <naylor.b.david@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATA and APIC IRQ conflict

--nextPart18981324.AsD3C5O12Z

Hi,

I am trying to install FreeBSD on a gigabyte board (based on nForce 650i=20
chipset (with MCP51 controller)) however no SATA hard drives are detected. =
=20
However, if APIC is disabled then I have access to the hard drives (and onl=
y=20
one CPU).  It has been suggested that it is an IRQ conflict (or something=20
else related to APIC). =20

Could someone please point me in the right direction so that I could try fi=
x=20
this problem (i.e. how to change the IRQ of the ATA drivers or where to=20
fiddle with APIC to try get it to work?)

Thanks in advance

David