Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:30:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   'make world' clobber /etc? DES?

I've got a 2.1.0 Freebsd system. I've just used 'sup' to
get all the files here to do an upgrade to 2.1.7 but I
want to make absolutely sure about two points:

1. will 'make world' overwrite my existing /etc -- I'd hate to lose my
password file, for example. Or does 'make world' just do binaries?

2. I want to make sure I'm still using DES after the upgrade. I have a
DES password file because I upgraded from Linux originally.

Just wanted to get reassured on those two points.

Thanks!

later, david
--
David Hawkins  -- dhawk@river.org   http://www.river.org
Do you know what a pessimist is? A person who thinks everybody as