Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:01:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ferdinand Goldmann <ferdl@atommuell.oeh.uni-linz.ac.at>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sudden reboot in 3.1-RELEASE

Hello.

Today, my FreeBSD machine here running a 3.1-RELEASE suddenly
rebooted.  I cannot give you anything, since the kernel debugger
is not enabled, and I was not near the machine when it happened.
However, the last message logged to syslog before the reboot was:

Mar 30 13:39:01 atommuell /kernel: vm_page_free: freeing wired page

Now, this does not mean all too much to me. I checked the accounting
files and everything, but nothing indicates that anything unusual
happened at the time.

This machine however runs two MUD servers, one of which is in
development. These two use quite a lot of RAM sometimes, about 30,
40MB.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any hints?
Should I upgrade to -STABLE?

TIA,
Ferdinand Goldmann
(ferdl@atommuell.oeh.uni-linz.ac.at)