Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:03:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to find out DHCP ip?

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, [iso-8859-1] Keith Spencer wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a dynamic ip ADSL connection.
> Is there a command to find out the ADSL DHCP ip?
> must it naturally be the machine I am dialing to? Or
> could it be some other??

Hi Keith,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to find out what IP
address was assigned to your FreeBSD system by a DHCP server? If so,
there's several ways:

ifconfig interface

where interface is the name of your interface  e.g. ed0, rl0, etc

or

more /var/db/dhclient.leases | grep address

should do it.

Or, are you trying to find the address of the DHCP server itself? If so,
try:

more /var/db/dhclient.leases | grep server

Dru