Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2008 00:17:36 +0100
From:      Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@gmail.com>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libxml2 configure fail

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> Can you show us the config.log?

No :)
I have several FreeBSD machines, so I tried compiling libxml2 on them as
well to check if they also had trouble. I also tried several times to
compile libxml2 on the machine that had trouble and it seemed to stop
different places each time (some times it could not apply patches). By
removing my CFLAGS and WRKDIRPREFIX (which is the same on all machine
btw) on it, it failed during linking.

By doing a complete rebuild of world and a reboot, it worked like a
charm (even with CFLAGS and WRKDIRPREFIX set). In other words, after
rebuilding world I cant trigger the error anymore.

CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
WRKDIRPREFIX=/tmp

--
chs