Date:      Wed, 9 Sep 2020 17:35:45 +0200
From:      kaycee gb <kisscoolandthegangbang@hotmail.fr>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IP "routing" issue

Le Wed, 9 Sep 2020 16:42:54 +0200,
Abelenda Diego <diego.abelenda@gmail.com> a =E9crit :

> Hello,
>=20
> I've got a FreeBSD installation in a DataCenter that provided me with a s=
ingle
> address IPv4 with an upstream gateway (cidr is fine the upstream gateway =
works
> everything is nice and running). I use this machine for Masquerading an
> private infrastructure.
>=20
> Now I need other machines with public IPv4 and when I requested the addit=
ional
> IPv4 to the DataCenter, they gave me a bunch of /32 addresses saying that
> my previous IPv4 MUST be configured as next-hop on their side.
> From my understanding in FreeBSD the route command is unable to perform t=
his
> kind of configuration where you tell that the IPv4 /32 is available witho=
ut
> next-hop (no via) on a specific link. I know the linux "ip route add $IP =
dev
> $LINK" configures this, but I cannot seem to map this knowledge to FreeBS=
D.
>=20
> Is it possible to perform this very special setup with any command on Fre=
eBSD?
> If yes what is that command?
>=20
> Best regards,
> Diego Abelenda

Hi,

Do the other machines have a private address ? Is it a problem if they have=
 one
?=20
If it is possible, you can route via this private address on your FreeBSD
installation to the new one and assign a public/32 to the last.

Alternatively to doing routing like above, if you have a firewall enabled o=
n the
first machine, you can do address forwarding between the first and the new =
one.=20

And last, maybe with something like -iface from "route" you can achieve wha=
you want.=20

K.