Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:18:28 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
From:      K Sun <ksun@essex.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help!! Who can give me help??

Hello,
     I am a fresher of FreeBSD. When I tried to install FreeBSD 3.1 by
FTP, I met some problems so that I could not get a successfully
installation.
     My Hard Disk is 10.2G. I assign the last 3G for my FreeBSD.
From the prompt information, it seems there is no problem with FreeBSD
recongnising the Big Disk.
     I also use default configuration of my FreeBSD. They are:
wd0s1<none> 1255M Dos

wd0s4a / 32M UFS Y
wd0s4b swap 261M swap
wd0s4e /var 30 M UFS Y
wd0s4f /usr 2375M

     However, everytime when I install FreeBSD via FTP, I meet the
below problem:
"Error mounting /mnt/dev/wd0s4f on /mnt/usr: invalid argument"

Because the installation dameon can not mount wd0s4f. Naturally, after
a while, the disk is full and I can not install the whole system.

    Who can help me? How to slove it?
Is it the only way for me to change the spaces of every parition
manually?

    I am anxious for your reply.

    Your assistance will be greately appreciated!

    Best Regards,
           Sun Kai