Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 01:16:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ian Struble <ian@ian.broken.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   SKIP

Has anyone done any work with Sun's SKIP 1.0?  They have src and binaries for
2.1.0 and 2.1.5 boxes, which of course don't run or compile on a 2.2-GAMA box.
The actual file that seems to be the sticking point is
'/usr/include/sys/dirent.h', with this set of error messages(on other programs
.as well)

In file included from /usr/include/dirent.h:43,
                 from AuthPolicy.C:47:
/usr/include/sys/dirent.h:52: syntax error before `;'
/usr/include/sys/dirent.h:53: syntax error before `;'
/usr/include/sys/dirent.h:54: syntax error before `;'
/usr/include/sys/dirent.h:55: syntax error before `;'

which correspont to :

struct dirent {
        u_int32_t d_fileno;             /* file number of entry */
        u_int16_t d_reclen;             /* length of this record */
        u_int8_t  d_type;               /* file type, see below */
        u_int8_t  d_namlen;             /* length of string in d_name */
#ifdef _POSIX_SOURCE
        char    d_name[255 + 1];        /* name must be no longer than this */
#else
#define MAXNAMLEN       255
        char    d_name[MAXNAMLEN + 1];  /* name must be no longer than this */
#endif
};

  I have been trying to track down the u_int??_t types from the lines that are
giving the errors but obivously haven't looked in the right place yet.  Anyone
have any ideas where to look?  Because I would love to get this up and running
and then possibly into the ports collection.

Thanks,

Ian

----
"Thirty days hath Septober,
April, June, and no wonder.
all the rest have peanut butter
except my father who wears red suspenders."

----