Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2001 15:43:30 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonym@biolateral.com.au>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, stephen@math.missouri.edu
Subject:   Re: Out of buffer space

Hello,

I have also had my laptop freeze twice in the last 30 hours.
It is a Dell Inspiron 3500 (maybe somethign specific to Dell?).
Everything works fine [1] and last freeze was while building a port.
Was in X and cursor still moved but buttons/keyboard had no effect.
Nothing in the log files either.
I (foolishly) ejected both pcmcia cards with no effect but didn't think
to test network first. Reinsertion of cards had no effect and external
ethernet dongle leds were all off (not surprising).

I also saw out of buffer space earlier in the day but I had been
experimenting with vmware at the time and (I think) rebooted shortly after
seeing th message to clear it.

The first freeze yesterday occured while I was out and the laptop sitting
idle on the home network.

If it happens again I'll file a PR but there is not much to go on :-(

tonym
[1] except the warm reboot with pcmcia card inserted