Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:25:01 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        Ross Alexander <rwa@athabascau.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-arm Digest, Vol 724, Issue 3 (Answer: sysutils/u-boot-rpi3 and sysutils/u-boot-rpi4 have been updated)

On 2020-Mar-16, at 12:49, Ross Alexander <rwa at athabascau.ca> wrote:

>> On 2020-Mar-14, at 21:12, bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Tried to boot a kernel built from r358976 on a Pi3 and got a panic:
>>> [*kaboom* ed.]
>
> Folks,
>
> I've patched u-boot.bin to leave 4 pages of free space at the bottom
> of RAM, on the theory that if a little is good, more is better.
>
> I've just finished a self-hosted buildworld/buildkernel of CURRENT to
> r359004.  I used
>
>    FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-arm64-aarch64-RPI3-20200123-r357002.img
>
> as a starting point.  After reboot on r359004, no sign of the dread
> scpi (sp?) errors, I have 4 Cortex A53 cpu, the only anomaly is
>
>    bcm2835_cpufreq0: can't get clock rate (id=8)
>    bcm2835_cpufreq0: ARM 600MHz, Core 250MHz, SDRAM -999MHz, Turbo OFF
>
> Any suggestions?

sysutils/u-boot-rpi3 and sysutils/u-boot-rpi4 have
been updated to pick up patches and to configure
the reserved RAM for armstub8*.bin correctly:

Author: kevans
Date: Mon Mar 16 21:32:55 2020
New Revision: 528547

Log:
  sysutils/u-boot-rpi{3,4}: Add patch to fix PSCI stub reservation

  For the traditional spin table setup, only the lowest page needs
  to be reserved.  However, our PSCI stubs are slightly bigger and occupy
  a little over one page.  These patches, already sent upstream, allow a
  variable number of initial pages to be reserved for the SMP stubs.  We
  then set the values for these in our fragment to '2' to reserve the first
  and second page.

  Approved by:	koobs (mentor)
  Approved by:	manu (uboot, maintainer)
  MFH:		2020Q1
  Differential Revision:
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D24085

Modified:
  head/sysutils/u-boot-master/distinfo
  head/sysutils/u-boot-rpi3/Makefile
  head/sysutils/u-boot-rpi3/files/rpi3_fragment
  head/sysutils/u-boot-rpi4/Makefile
  head/sysutils/u-boot-rpi4/files/rpi4_fragment

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went