Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:04:57 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trish Lynch <trish@bsdunix.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.x compatibilty.. Was: MFC of rcNG?

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Nik Clayton wrote:

>     4.7 -- Announce the new system, with the old system as default
>     5.0 -- Use the new system as default, keep the old system
>     6.0 -- Remove the old system

for what its worth, I agree with this rather than the "2.2+rc is going
away as soon as 5.0 comes out"

People may have changes to the original rc system that they were using
that they would be given time to migrate if we used rcng as the default in
5.0 but were able to use the old one as well, then in 6.0 it can toally go
away.

With as many irons in the fire as we all have right now, I think the 6.0
release will not be as far off as 5.0 was from 4.0 anyway.

-Trish

--
Trish Lynch					trish@bsdunix.net
FreeBSD						The Power to Serve