Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 1995 23:25:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Jeremy Chatfield <jdc@crab.xinside.com>
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Video stuff...

Amancio Hasty writes:

> > > Can you perhaps say a little more about these boards?  I'd like to
> >

> Drool, drool ...
>
> How much is the Marvel II and your  Accelerated-X 1.2 when is released :)

I think that the Marvel II is under $1,000, but I have no real idea.
Hmm, the only phone numbers that I have are for Matrox Electronics
engineering and support folk.  I have lots of numbers for Matrox
Graphics, but that doesn't really help.  I'll find out, probably on
Monday.

Accelerated-X Release 1.1 for FreeBSD is currently $99.50.

Existing users may upgrade for the cost of shipping & handling rounded
to whatever number Sales thinks is the right boundary (probably to
next highest $5 boundary, if I know Sales staff at all).  So,
somewhere in the $5 to $15 region, I guess.

Final price has not been announced, I think.  It'll be somewhere in
the range of current prices ($199 for commercial UNIX systems like
SCO, ISC, Solaris, etc and $99.50 for Linux and FreeBSD promos).

Extensions include:

	Standard-PEX (PEX 5.1 with Gouraud shading, and lots of bug
	fixes and performance enhancement) $100

	Standard-XIE $100

	Standard-XV with support for the Matrox Comet and Marvel II
	only, some libs and applications, $150.

There may well be educational discounts and other stuff, before the
release is shipped...  Announcements will be made on our
accelx-announce@xinside.com mailing list, and to various newsgroups
and mailing lists (hello freebsd-announce readers!).

Cheers, JeremyC.
--
Jeremy Chatfield, +1(303)470-5302, FAX:+1(303)470-5513, email:jdc@xinside.com
        X Inside Inc, P O Box 10774, Golden, CO 80401-0610, USA.