Date:      Mon, 1 May 1995 21:42:06 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr, freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: file: table is full

As Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> maxusers 4
>
> And I always don't want to keep it that low, though the machine is
> well equipped (32MB).I don't want to have too many users running simultaneous-
> ly.

Denkfehler!

The maxusers does in no way limit the maximal allowable number of
simultaneous users!  To the best, you could limit the number of
available pty's, if you really care.  Or the number of processes
per user.

maxusers is only a rough value to derive several constants from.
For a 32 MB machine, you can safely bump it to at least 20.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/