Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:51:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        <ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Mark Russell <mark@mark.net.au>, Mark Peek <mp@freebsd.org>, Huang wen hui <huang@ns.gddsn.org.cn>, Sperber <sperber@gmx.at>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Joachim_Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>, "Vladimir B. Grebenschikov" <vova@sw.ru>, Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>, "Erik H. Bakke" <ebakke@trolltech.com>, Tim Tretyak <timothy@umc.com.ua>, "Carlos F. A. Paniago" <pan@panix.ecof.org.br>
Subject:   OpenOffice Report 06.06.2002

--0-1327695745-1023353502=:880

Hi all,

I've recieved many mail, and like to answer
them all in one big mail.

1.0 Requirements
----------------

- STABLE 4.6 Prerelase 2 or later.

or

- CURRENT from 1.6.2002 or later.

- GCC3.1 from ports from 27.5.2002 or later.

1.1 Startup problems (System PATCH)
-----------------------------------

It seems that the OO-Setup doesn't work sometimes. It coredumps
silently. I'll soon add a debug option to the port, which adds
the necessary patches to left a trace, and to include mozilla
libarys compiled with -g.

The attached patch, also available on my freebsd distfile mirror
http://people.freebsd.org/~mbr/distfiles/rtld-symcache.diff
does disable the rtld-symcache. I've OO running here sucessfully
on STABLE with the system gcc295 and gcc31.

To add the patch, go to /usr/src and type:
cd /usr/src && patch < rtld-symcache.diff

Rebuild world after this.

PS: This patch may only work in STABLE. It is not tested in CURRENT.
I'll add a patch for CURRENT later.

1.2 Known issues with gcc295
----------------------------

The sjlj Exception code in gcc2.95.3 in STABLE and I guess
also with gcc2.95.4 from ports in CURRENT has still some issues
with nested exceptions. If you use this one to compile you'll
get a working Openoffice, but it crashes in the Help-System, and
startup doesn't work sometimes.

Stay away from a gcc2.95.3 compiled OO at the moment.

1.3 Known issues with gcc31
---------------------------

There are build issues here. Regmerge may hang sometimes. It seems
to be a threads problem, existing in CURRENT and STABLE. I need
definitly a build with debug symbols here, and a gdb attached to
it, to be able to get a normal trace.

The bests results I've achived are with GCC3.1 from ports and
a up to date 4.6 Prerelease. OO runs here fine. I've not had
any crash now. While this works wonderful, same OO crashes in
CURRENT. Reason not yet known.

today. It will for sure make things easier.

Martin

Martin Blapp, <mb@imp.ch> <mbr@FreeBSD.org>
ImproWare AG, UNIXSP & ISP, Zurlindenstrasse 29, 4133 Pratteln, CH
Phone: +41 061 826 93 00: +41 61 826 93 01
PGP: <finger -l mbr@freebsd.org>
PGP Fingerprint: B434 53FC C87C FE7B 0A18 B84C 8686 EF22 D300 551E

--0-1327695745-1023353502=:880
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--0-1327695745-1023353502=:880--