Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:49:48 -0400
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: update issue

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 12:26:55 +0100
Istvan Galgand <igalgand@freemail.hu> articulated:

> Hi All,
>=20
> I regularly update my ports tree using portsnap fetch/update followed
> by portmanager -u commands. (Not forgetting to check the content of=20
> /usr/ports/UPDATING file.) It seems that some of the stuff
> can't be downloaded from the servers, so the update process is not
> finished successfully. I found that this problem is caused by
> pciids-20101005 and v4l_compat-1.0.20101027. They can't be retrieved
> from the servers or 'operation is not permitted'. These are the very
> last messages of my portmanager -u command:
>=20
> skipping pciids-20101005 /misc/pciids marked IGNORE reason: failed
> during make fetch
> skipping libpciaccess-0.12.0 /devel/libpciaccess until dependency
> pciids-20101020 updated
> skipping v4l_compat-1.0.20100403_1 /multimedia/v4l_compat marked
> IGNORE reason: failed during make fetch
> skipping hal-0.5.14_9 /sysutils/hal until dependency
> v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
> skipping gstreamer-plugins-v4l2-0.10.25,3
> /multimedia/gstreamer-plugins-v4l2 until dependency
> v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
> skipping webcamd-0.1.16 /multimedia/webcamd until dependency
> v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
> skipping libv4l-0.6.4 /multimedia/libv4l until dependency
> v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
> skipping pwcview-1.4.1_3 /multimedia/pwcview until dependency
> v4l_compat-1.0.20101027 updated
>=20
> I missed something important, I am afraid. Could anyone be so kind as
> to provide me with an idea, what happened to my system and how to
> mitigate the issue, please?

That happens sometimes. I usually just cd to the afflicted port
directory and try to download the requisite files prior to running
portmanager.

--=20
Jerry =E2=9C=8C
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

George W. Bush
January 30, 2000
=46rom speech in Pella, Iowa and quoted in the San Antonio Express-News.