Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2006 09:45:56 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        tecol <tecol@monobath.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install error - MOD_LOAD (amr_linux, 0xffffffff806205d0, 0) error 6

On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 07:26:11 -0600
tecol <tecol@monobath.com> wrote:

> I disabled SATA in BIOS and I disabled the nVidia RAID setup in BIOS and
> got stuck at the same place, except that I don't see the MOD_LOAD error
> 6 message. The last message I see is the timecounters message.

then maybe amr isn't at fault (even if it's showing an error...)

> If I exit to the boot prompt (option 6), then "load amr_linux" it gets
> loaded. Module name is amr_linux.ko. I also "set acpi_load=no" to get
> around the bad character in the ACPI table issue. Then "boot". Now I see
> message saying amr_linux is already loaded. boot sequence continues and
> I still hang after the timecounters message.

have you tried disabling apic? not good to do this if you have SMP, but on UMP
is has helped me move past locks like yours.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears, but by diligent
hard work, he overcame them." James Reston (about Richard Nixon)

Warned.