Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:05:16 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        "Jukka A. Ukkonen" <jau@oxit.fi>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 Linux emulation for FreeBSD on AMD64 ???

Quoting "Jukka A. Ukkonen" <jau@oxit.fi> (from Sun, 18 Mar 2012
17:53:52 +0200):

> Hi all,
>
> I suppose someone may have been thought about this already before.
> Anyhow just in case I am the first one to raise the question...
>
> Would it not be better to install 64 bit amd64 Linux libraries and binaries
> on an amd64 system running FreeBSD?

Yes, it would. Feel free to provide patches for the FreeBSD kernel
which provides a working linux 64 bit emulation. When this is
available we can have a look at the 64 bit userland part (libraries
and binaries).

Bye,
Alexander.

--

	*** System shutdown message from root ***

System going down in 60 seconds