Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 1995 17:30:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with new boot.flp

Just tried out the new installation off of the boot.flp (grabbed about
an hour ago).  Things are looking really great!  Couple things went
wrong, however:

1) This is a small one.  The ftp directory structure is so deep that
it doesn't fit on one line of a displayed dialog if an error comes up
on failure of fetching a distribution.  Nothing happens but you get
kind of an ugly wraparound effect.

2) This is a larger one.  When trying to grab my XFree86 server (ATI
Mach32-based), no matter what ftp location I chose, it couldn't grab
it.  I manually ftp'd to the server, grabbed it, stuck it in a local
directory and told sysinstall that it was on my local system.  Still
couldn't find it.  Maybe a misspelled filename in sysinstall?
Sysinstall calls the server Ma3 (short for XF311Ma3.tgz) while it is
stored on the ftp server as XF311Ma32.tgz.  Renaming my local copy to
XF311Ma3.tgz didn't solve the problem, however.  I did not try to grab
any other servers.

Other than that, job well done!

Cheers,
-Wes