Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:56:07 -0800
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK for freeBSD ...

On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 02:19:10AM +0000, Richman Sjarief wrote:
> hi,
> my name is Richman Sjarief from indonesia.
> :)
>
> i have this problem,
> i don't have any idea about JDK source for freeBSD :(
> since java.sun.com doesn't provide java for FreeBSD
> platform. A lot of people said that i should take the
> linux version but i still can't figure out about
> extracting .bin files in FreeBSD.
>
> Is it true that java JDK doesn't provide the FreeBSD
> OS version
>
> i appreciate for your help a lot ... :)
>
> best regard,
>
> Richman Sjarief

JDK is in the ports collection at /usr/ports/java/jdk13, also you can
take a look at http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk13.html.
If you try to build the port, it will tell you to manually fetch the
appropriate files from suns web site and it will also direct you to the
above site to download the FreeBSD patches.  I know nothing about Java
or JDK, except that I had to install these things for the OpenOffice
build.

Nathan