Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 12:55:05 -0400
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Konstantin Saurbier <saurbier@math.uni-bielefeld.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing on a SunBlade 1500

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:56:39PM +0200, Konstantin Saurbier wrote:
> On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:48:59 -0400
> stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
>
> > I;m trying to install 6.1-RELEASE on a SunBlade 1500.
> (...)
>
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Your Blade 1500 is UltraSparc III based, but unfortunately all machines based on USIII or higher are unsupported.
> For my Blade 1000 there is at least the driver for the Schizo PCI-Chip missing.
> You should notice a similar error while booting FreeBSD, it should hang at nexus0 without loading or detecting other hardware.

Actually, mine says the CD is not bootable _). I wonder if that's because
it's an IDE CD? OpenBSD gets a little further, it panics trying ro access
the hard disk (which it detected).

Any idea if this ahrdware is supported under NetBSD, or Linux?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967