Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 08:52:34 +0000
From:      chem@i-p-d.com
To:        Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: subdomain mail for a vitual user

> Date:          Thu, 16 Jul 1998 09:26:22 -0700 (PDT)
> From:          Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>

> On Thu, 16 Jul 1998 chem@i-p-d.com wrote:
> > I have made a subdomain like sub.domain.com and they would like to
> > have the E-mail-adress info@sub.domain.com. Normally I use the
> > virtusertable for sendmail and have an entry like
> >
> > info@domain.com         user
> >
> > now when I have:
> >
> > info@sub.domain.com     user
> >
> > i get: user unknown when I sent a testmail.
> > I have sub.domain.com in the sendmail.cw file.
>
> What's the exact message?  It may contain the clue.

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

   550 <info@vitesse.groep.nl>... User unknown

> > What am I overlooking? Anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Don't know.  I can tell you that what you describe does work
> using exactly what you say you've tried.  Did you rebuild
> virtusertable.db after adding the entry?

Yes, 3 times :)

Did you restart
> sendmail after adding the subdomain to Cw?

2 times :)

I am out of ideas.
Hope you have some?

Gina