Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 19:29:03 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
Cc:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: /home/smp/sys/kern init_smp.c

Hi,

> Doug Rabson wrote:
> > On Sat, 19 Apr 1997, Peter Wemm wrote:
> > I must be doing something wrong.  I cvsup'ed, updated and built but I
> > still get the lockmgr panic :-(.  Are there any pending fixes that I don't
> > have yet maybe?
> Did you rerun config and "make clean depend"?
>
> I ran without APIC_IO and SMP_INVLTLB to start with, and am currently (in
> X11) running with APIC_IO and SMP_INVLTLB.
> The other possibility is the difference in kernel configs..  Oh, are you
> running P5 or P6?  There is a potential problem with tss descriptor caching
> that might have come out in the P6 under SMP..

I supped -current midday today (970419), rebuilt the world, rebuilt the UP
kernel, rebooted, worked OK.

I then used this -current world to run X11, cvsup cvssmp, build an SMP kernel
with APIC_IO and SMP_INVLTLB, rebooted to the SMP kernel, and started the
2nd CPU, worked OK.

Am now doing a "make world" with the SMP kernel & both cpus active...
will report when it finishes.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by