Date:      Sat, 07 Sep 2002 10:31:57 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
Cc:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, dave@jetcafe.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

"Neal E. Westfall" wrote:
> > > doesn't mean we aren't free, of course.  God built into the system a great
> > > deal of leeway for creativity, which is why we have artists, computer
> > > programmers, architects, and a whole plethora of other professions in
> > > which man, as God's image bearer, can think God's thoughts after Him and
> > > emulate His creativity.
> >
> > style(9)
>
> I wasn't referring so much to programming style, but rather to
> language syntax.  And not so much to a particular language, as
> computer languages can change much like human languages.  Really
> what I was getting at was the principles involved.

So was I; "Religion is to God as style(9) is to working C code".

I fail to believe that any single religion has sussed out the
totality of the nature of God, or His desires.  They are just
attempts at approximation.  Yet amazingly enough, each religion
claims an exclusive distribution arrangement for The Truth.

Every time a natural disaster occurs, and the insurance companies
claim it's not covered, as an Act Of God, it's very tempting to
pick a church and sue them for damages, on the basis of their
being God's representatives on Earth, and settle the matter once
and for all.

-- Terry