Date:      Fri, 07 Sep 2001 03:54:26 -0400
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bugs: Sound driver won't start in KDE 2.2/DHCP

I think something. I can't start my sound service in KDE. Basically, I can't
run the CD player without a certain service crashing. This happens when you
don't have a sound card (on my test machine) and now on my Thinkpad 600E
(Model 2645-4AU) which has a sound chip.

On the Thinkpad 600E I am also using the Xircom 10/100 Cardbus Ethernet
Adapter (RBE-100). I can't get it to receive the DHCP info. I see the
dhclient barking about an invalid ip address.

Otherwise, I have loaded 4.4RC4 on my laptop without any other problems
other than getting DHCP to work.

Ken