Date:      Mon, 19 Jan 2015 22:22:54 -0600
From:      Bigby James <bigby.james@dimthoughts.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Keep -STABLE updated!

On 01/19, Yass Amed wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to clarify a certain info regarding FreeBSD -STABLE.
> Currently, I am running 10-STABLE and need to know if it is mandatory to
> rebuild kernel and world every time I sync the source using "# svn up
> /usr/src"?

Just the opposite is the case, actually---the only time you ever need to update
the local source repo is when you're about to rebuild world and the kernel.

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams