Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 23:08:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEAR YE! HEAR YE! New Kerberos!

Hi Mark Murray;  On 29-Sep-97 you wrote:
>  Simon Shapiro wrote:
> > make buildworld produces:
> >
> > install -C -o bin -g bin -m 444
> > /usr/src/3.0/src/secure/lib/libdes/des.h
> > /usr/obj/usr/src/3.0/src/tmp/usr/include
> > cd /usr/src/3.0/src/kerberosIV/lib/libacl &&
> > /usr/obj/usr/src/3.0/src/tmp/usr/bin/make beforeinstall
> > make: don't know how to make
> > /usr/src/3.0/src/kerberosIV/lib/libacl/../../../crypto/kerberosIV/lib/ac
> > l/ac
> > l.h. Stop
>
>  Does the file exist? Does the directory crypto/... exist?

My apologies.  I did not realize I simply do not have the crypto directory
on my system.

I dounloaded it from your ftp server.  Thanx!

Now a question:  How do I stay current with it?  It does not seem to be
present on cvsup.freebsd.org.

> > By the way, the problem with make shooting itself in the foot early in
> > the
> > build is still there.
>
>  Details please.

Lately, if you do a make world (make buildworld) and there is a build
already present in /usr/obj, make, when trying to build itself, early in
the process, deletes some files fomr itself and fails to find them.

A (``untested'') patch was posted during the weekend, which cures this
problem, but has the amusing side-efect of only building make.  It exists
successfully after make is done.

---

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313