Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:20:29 -0700
From:      "Scott Worthington" <SWorthington@hsag.com>
To:        <thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr>, <cjm2@earthling.net>, <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.3-RC: vinum error after 'make world' (non-fatal)

I have a mirrored plex, and after a make world two days ago of 3.3-RC, a =
kernel build, and a reboot--I received a kernel panic.  I was loading
vinum in the /boot/loader.conf.  I removed the line from=20
/boot/loader.conf and the kernel panic did not happen.

Also note that it is my /usr file system that is mirrored.

Just my 2 cents.

>>> Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> 09/15/99 02:13AM >>>
On Wednesday, 15 September 1999 at  0:24:48 -0400, Christopher J. Michaels =
wrote:
> Hi,
> I cvsup'd about an hour ago, did a 'make world', rebuilt my kernel, and
> rebooted the system.  Checking out of 3.3-RC works for me.  I didn't =
think this
> question belonged on stable tho.
>=20
> Anyway, when the system rebooted I noted the following error message =
(which
> does not appear in dmesg BTW)
>=20
Looks like a bug.  I killed a few of this kind, but it appears that
one remains.  What do you have in /var/log/messages?