Date:      Sat, 3 Aug 1996 02:32:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      DD <doplcky@metronet.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   psm0 crunching keyboard

 Gentelmen,

 Ive been trying to install 2.1.5 on an AST Premmia 4/66 with no luck.
 The problem is that the keyboard is conflicting with the mouse.

        scprobe:keyboard RESET failed result(0xff)

 is the message during the boot sequence, and then nada at the login screen.
 Removing the mouse also removes the issue, unfortunately the reason for
 the machine is X. I have tried recompiling the kernel with psm0 enabled
 and also tried the vt0 interface. Everything works under microsoft
 OS's which used to be on the machine .Help me out here please as I am
 surrounded by a bunch of smug NT clones who need to look at a real OS.

 By the way, the new install utility is BRAVISSIMO!

david.opalecky@ast.com