Date:      Sat, 6 May 2000 14:59:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Glenn Johnson <glennpj@bayouhome.net>, Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: category for xdrawchem

On 6 May 2000, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:

> Ok.  The only concern I had is that people said there are many ports
> that could belong to both chemistry and biology.  (Maybe I read the
> discussion wrong and it was chemistry and biochemistry.)  My
> chemical/biological education pretty much ended at high school so
> sorry if I'm totally out of clue with this.  (But where does organic
> chemistry fit?  I mean, stuff like ADP and ATP.)

chemistry.

> As for "science", it can still be created as a catch-all category
> which will become the parent of astro, biology, chemistry and math
> when we go to multi-levels, but are there still enough ports to put in
> there if we create "chemistry"?

There may be a couple of ports which could be moved from other categories,
but we certainly don't have many. My concern is when someone does submit
the first (e.g.) physics port, where does it go? Into an inappropriate
category like chemistry, or another inappropriate category like misc?

Kris

----