Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 23:02:19 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        june@adn.edu.ph
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't Seem To Find The Patches

> 	I was trying to port bash. The distribution is already in
> /usr/ports/distfiles and the port files in /usr/ports/shells/bash.
> When I typed 'make'. It first uncompressed the distribution and next it
> tried to apply the patches but in the process of doing this, it displayed
> 'I cannot seem to find the patches'. How can I get rid of this?

Either you don't have the patches or there's a permissions
problem. The port files should look like this:-

bash---+--- Makefile

       +--- files

       +--- patches---+--- patch-aa
       |              +--- patch-ab, etc

       +--- pkg

If you have got the patches, make sure you have read permission on
them and that you have read an execute permission on the patches
directory itself. Or try doing the make as root.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
jraynard@dial.pipex.com