Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 11:29:32 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Artem Koutchine <matrix@ipform.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ports on FREEBSD 3.5-STABLE

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:49:56PM +0300, Artem Koutchine wrote:

> I have upgraded via cvsup from 3.1 to 3.5-stable

<snip>

> Now i cannot build any port. I says:
> Error: your port uses an old layout. Please update it to match this
> bsd.port.mk.
>
> Also the port dir (for example: /usr/ports/net/trafshow)
> has both: directory 'pkg' and files pkg-*.
>
> Any idea what went wrong?

Yes; the ports collection has changed structure. There are less directories
now which should speed up things a bit. When you use cvsup, the old
directories don't get deleted. Either delete the ports tree and reinstall,
or delete the old directory entries. I found that deleting the old entries
usually works when I want to install a port.

Karel.