Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:30:38 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Elfification thingy

Tony Kimball wrote:

> FYI, during aout-to-elf-install, lots of these:
>
> Compressing /usr/share/perl/man/man3/B::Stackobj.3
>   miniperl -I lib ../../pod/pod2man/pod2man --section=3 --official B/Xref.pm > /usr/share/perl/man/man3/B::Xref.tmp
> ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
> Abort trap
>
> I opine this will play out shortly, proly with my next
> installworld, but thought someone might like to make the
> target install /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 before perl.

No, that's not the solution. A buildworld can't (= is not allowed to)
install /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1. I didn't see this problem when I last
ran an upgrade build a couple of days ago, so if there is a problem,
it must be due to recent commits (or local build options being set).

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137