Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:59:59 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Evolution does not start anymore after an upgrade

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Erich Dollansky
<erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 13 April 2012 20:46:37 Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Erich Dollansky
>> <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com> wrote:

>> > There was a problem with the machine. It died during a port upgrade le=
aving it in a but undefined state. After fixing the hardware, I deleted eve=
rything (pkg_delete -a), updated the ports tree and started compiling. Port=
s which did not compile (like evolution) were installed as package.

>> > As I started from scratch, I believed the notes in UPGRADING should no=
t apply and I ignored all.

>> Correct, you don't need to follow the UPDATING if you install it from
>> scratch. But the question is that how did you start it from scratch?
>
> I deleted all installed ports with pkg_delete -a, made a 'make clean' in =
/usr/ports and then I started to randomly install the ports I normally like=
 to have on the machine.

Sorry, I lost track with emails.

Next time, do the 'rm -rf /usr/local/* /var/db/pkg/*'. It works so
much better than that 'pkg_delete -a'.

>> I don't think it will help, because the change between of
>> evolution-2.32.1_1 and evolution-2.32.1_2 are for libnotify. Try to
>> remove ~/.gconf*. Yes it will remove your settings if you have
>> modified.
>
> This I did already without success.

I think there might be leftover of gconf stuff that didn't got delete
when you ran 'pkg_delete -a'. I have no idea why you are having this
issue though.

>> > I never specified this ' with krb5'. Do you know which port uses this?
>>
>> Do you have NO_KERBEROS, WITH_HEIMDAL or HEIMDAL_HOME in your
>> make.conf or anywhere? It's supposed to be install security/heimdal if
>> you have one of define in somewhere.
>>
> HEIMDAL_HOME is in make.conf

What do you have HEIMDAL_HOME in your make.conf?

> Should I add the NO_KERBEROS?

It's a bit same behavior with NO_KERBEROS by using heimdal port
instead of base system. Do you have heimdal installed? It looks like
evolution port found krb5 library, but it's in base system instead of
ports so it didn't install heimdal port. I will know more after work
when I can access to the FreeBSD box.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Erich