Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2012 00:44:08 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Mukunda Haveri <mukunda@pointred.co>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help: Reg Out of swap space

You need to define MALLOC_PRODUCTION in your build or the default
jemalloc options in -HEAD cause it to run out of RAM on embedded
platforms.

Adrian

On 16 December 2012 23:39, Mukunda Haveri <mukunda@pointred.co> wrote:
> I am unable to continue running off the NFS mount on my MIPS board with 3=
2
> MB RAM. While Rel-9 stable can run, the current head always stops with "O=
ut
> of swap message". Appears that others have encountered the problem, but I
> am not aware of any resolution. Appreciate any help and pointers...
> A boot time console log  follows....
>
> HSM
>

> *Adjusted interface arge0*
> *Trying to mount root from nfs: []...*
> *NFS ROOT: 10.0.0.1:/root/svn/bld*
> *warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system time will not be set
> accurately*
> *warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system time will not be set
> accurately*
> *pid 13 (sh), uid 0, was killed: out of swap space*
> *Jan  1 00:00:13 init:  <HSM> /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally,
> going to single user mode*
> *Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:*
> *# quit*
> *quit: not found*
> *# cd /var*
> *# cd log*
> *# ls*
> *pid 16 (sh), uid 0, was killed: out of swap space*
> *Jan  1 00:41:46 init: single user shell terminated.*
> *init died (signal 0, exit 0)*
>
> DISCLAIMER:
> The information contained in this message (including any attachments) is =
confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by mistake plea=
se notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this message a=
nd any attachments from your system. Any dissemination, use, review, distri=
bution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part is strictly=
 prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. PointRed T=
elecom Ltd (including its group companies) shall not be liable for the impr=
oper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this commun=
ication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system and does =
not guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained =
or that this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interferenc=
es.