Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 1995 23:32:55 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>, davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> >    I would like to see a standard component called "Networking distribution"
> > (or 'netdist'), which contains things like httpd, pidentd, gated, etc.
>
> But you're also essentially stipulating that all such things become
> bmake'd and enter the main source tree, unless you've got some clever
> scheme for putting ports into our distributions now.

If they are going to be *part* of the 'standard components', then we
already agreed they would be bmaked.  However, these components are not
mandatory for all installations, though all of them in their entirety
(sp?) are necessary for the any/all of the netdist tools to operate
correctly.

They one big 'module' rather than separate distinct programs.  That
means if one is installed, you can rely on using the other parts for
scripts/interopabiliyt, etc...

Nate