Date:      Mon,  8 Jan 96 09:44:24 GMT
From:      "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Configure 1.1.5.1 floppy interface tape drive (Colorado Jumbo 1400)?

I've just installed a Colorado Jumbo 1400 Drive on my Gateway P4D 66
system, and it runs fine under MS-DOS, but I can't get started under
FreeBSD (1.1.5.1).  It's plugged directly into the floppy cable
(Note I have only one floppy drive, fd0).  I editted the config file
in the obvious way:

controller      fdc0    at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk            fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
disk            fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
tape            ft0     at fdc0 drive 2

and rebuilt, but although the tape drive chirps at startup, I don't
get any entry in the log saying it's been located, and neither ftinfo
or ft produce any useful behaviour.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ht