Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 17:31:52 -0700
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Misc. Hardware questions

Howdy,
I've learned to hate my Compaq computer after years of impossibility of
running XFree86 decently.
My graphic card is unsupported and I don't want a commercial X. I don't
want to replace my box, or my card but rather extend the available video
modes. The board has a VESA connector plug, I wonder if anyone knows if
I can add some special card that let's me run X, but can live with my
qvision card (I have qvision drivers for win3.1 and I don't want to
change them).
I also have an internal tape backup unit (wt0, 250M) that I want to
convert to external. It's a SCSI tape drive but it comes with an adapter
for ISA boards that I use. I asked Wangtek and they say it may be done
but they don't sell boxes. Anyone knows of available kits?

TIA,

Pedro.