Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 2000 14:34:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netboot via pccard?

> : is it possible to boot via network with a pccard?
>
> Not from scratch.  At last I've not seen a laptop with this feature,
> but I have seen some embedded systems that could do this.

A couple of years ago my former employer (SRI) had someone that had this
work.  However, it took two PCMCIA cards, one for the 'roof filesystem'
sitting on a memory-hardisk, and the second card was the network.

He donated the pccardd -z code, among other things that the PAO folks
picked up.

However, we can't do this any longer since Mike ripped out the netboot
code, stating that 'new way' of doing things was so much better...

Nate