Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:33:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, spoofy@ghg.net
Subject:   Re: network header files.

> I find myslef getting alot of errors in
> /usr/include/netinet/ip_icmp.h
>
> as well as other header files in the netinet directory when trying to
> compile programs that i have written ( in the years past mostly on linux
> systems) I get errors in the header files and not in my code. Is there a
> place where i can get updated header files? this is 3.3.1 and once agian
> thanks for the help

 You should describe your errors.. but, typically, these kinds
 of errors are because you did not #include <sys/types.h>, or some
 other header file the manual pages for the related functions
 instructs you to.

 Linux "automagically" includes these for you, which FreeBSD (and
 other UNIX OSs) doesn't.

	- Dave Rivers -