Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 1995 22:24:07 +0300
From:      System daemons <daemon@crocodil.monolit.kiev.ua>

I have frequent problems while booting my 2.0.5-RELEASE
with PCI SOYO 486 board and PCI SCI NCR controller
(I have external SCSI CD connected to controller).

Sometimes it boots, and sometimes panics during probing.

happens both with GENERIC and custom kernel.

My PCI board have dynamic INT-to-IRQ assignment, and SCSI uses INT A
(mapped to IRQ 9), on-board 2-channel IDE uses INT B and INT C (should
be IRQ 10 and 11).

The CD-ROM is old HITACHI one. The NCR is SIDE-2953(?).
The motherboard has its own BIOS, which is used before boot, but I dunno
it is used by the driver ;-)