Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:25:34 -0000
From:      "Paul Robinson" <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        "Paul Robinson" <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>, "Darren Henderson" <darren@nighttide.net>, "FreeBSD Chat" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: jive (was RE: was this really necessary?)

This is what happens when you try to write a mail whilst your boss is
talking to you and you're supervising an OS X fix at the same time. The post
was obviously talking about the software "jive", not the dialect.

> fact that they were all Afro-Carribean didn't come into.

That should read "didn't come into it".

> In other words, jive owes it's existence to a desire of white middle-class
> pricks to make fun of black working-class kids.

"wanting to make fun" reads better.

Sorry, just in case it didn't make sense. Incidentally, as to whether you
think jive is appropriate or not, I don't care about. I doubt I would post
stuff up in an attempt to make fun of a particular dialect. I also doubt I
would use software written with the express intent of causing racial abuse
to do it as well. Just my 0.02GBP.